These melt in your mouth high protein cookies will have you singing in the kitchen.
I made these cookies for my 1 year blog anniversary and they did not disappoint!
Growing up, whenever there was a birthday or celebration you could always count on fresh baked cookies being part of the day. The smell of these brings back fond memories of pure joy.
Sure, I could go on and on about how INSANELY fluffy and satisfying these are but let’s be real. You just want the recipe.
So, without further ado, here you go:
What the Buck Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies:
Vegan, Gluten Free, High Protein, Soy Free, Option for Nut free
Keyword Chocolate Chip Cookies
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 14 people
· 1/3 C buckwheat flour I lightly pulsed Lil Bucks
· 1/3 C coconut flour I use Bob's Red Mill for all my flours
· 1/3 C almond or hazelnut flour can sub Bob's Red Mill AP gf flour to be nut free
· 1 flax egg 1 Tablespoon ground flax + 2 Tbs warm water
· 2 tsp baking soda
· 1 scoop Aloha vanilla protein powder Add 1 more scoop if doing nut free option for extra protein
· 1 Tbs pure vanilla powder or vanilla extract I used Nielsen Massey
· 1/2 C pure maple syrup
· 1 C Seedible organic creamy sesame butter you could sub another seed or nut butter
· 1 C dark chocolate chips *I use Lily's or Enjoy Life
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F.
2. Mix together your ingredients in a large bowl. Reserving your baking soda, flax egg, and vanilla.
3. Place bowl in the refrigerator to chill for about 30 minutes. Line 2 trays with parchment paper. Make your flax egg. Once dough is chilled, add your flax egg, baking soda, and vanilla and mix well.
4. Use a #40 purple scoop to scoop about 28 cookies. Optional: add a little sea salt.Bake for about 8 minutes or until very lightly golden brown. Let set for about 2 minutes on a cooling rack if you can wait that long, and enjoy!
Each cookie has approximately 5 grams of protein!
I hope you enjoy these as much as I do! As always share #jfgeats if you make them so I can drool.